Scanner Radio lets you listen to live audio from over 5,300 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world.
I’ve used this one for years. You can easily pick from stations based on popularity and more as well as search for your local feeds and add to your favorites.
Scanner Radio for Android Features:
- Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance, by clicking on “Near Me”
- View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
- View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
- Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).
- Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
- Add Scanner Radio widgets and/or shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access.
- Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
This is the free version of Scanner Radio for Android, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for $2.99):
- The Pro version contains no ads.
- Allows you to specify what times of day you want to receive listener alerts.
- Allows you to setup listener alerts for scanners located near you.
- The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is functional.
- Scanner Radio for Android allows you to listen to archived audio (from the past 30 days) if you have a RadioReference.com Premium Subscription.