If you haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 yet, now is the time to do so, because the 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. How to upgrade to safer Windows 10 for free in our article.
Windows 10 has not only a user-friendly interface, but also many other advantages – for example, it is more secure than the old Windows 7 and is compatible with b about lshim number of new software.
Preparing to install Windows 10
- You will need a stable internet connection to install the system. Also, for safety, you should back up your own data.
- Check if your PC has enough free memory. You can also use a USB stick or external hard drive to download. It is also better to make sure in advance that the computer meets the requirements of the future system.
- If you want to install later on a different computer, you will need a blank USB drive with at least 5GB of storage to create your media. We talked about how to make a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 in a separate article.
- You can also use a blank DVD for burning. If a message appears stating that the disc dump file is too large when burning an ISO file to a DVD, please use a dual layer DVD (DL).
- Finally, you should “read” the Windows key anyway if you don’t have one at hand. Using the Windows Product Key Viewer utility, you can find out your key from the previous system and use it when installing a new one, since for Windows 10 you can use valid keys from Windows 7 and 8.1.
How to download Windows 10
If you already have Windows 7 installed , you can simply update your system. Otherwise, you will have to reinstall it. In both options, you will need a stable internet connection, as well as the free Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. In addition, as we wrote above, your computer must have sufficient storage space.
If you just want to update your operating system, launch the Media Creation utility and select the “Update this PC now” option. Accept the terms of the agreement – the utility will do the rest by itself.
To install Windows 10 from scratch, you need the same Media Creation utility, a USB drive that is at least 5GB in size, or an external hard drive. Alternatively, you can create an ISO file and then burn it to a DVD.
- In Media Creation, select the Create installation media for another computer option and specify which media you want to use.
- In the next step, select the language, edition and architecture. If you’re not sure which options to choose, just check the box next to “Use Recommended Settings.” This will provide you with the correct installation media for your PC.
- Finally, enter the product key if necessary if it has not already been automatically detected and applied. After entering the key, your new operating system will be unlocked for use.