Based on your views, YouTube generates sentences that you then see in the feed. To hide inappropriate content from history on PC and smartphone, use our tips.
YouTube: clearing search history on Android and iOS smartphones
The process for deleting YouTube search history in the app will be the same regardless of operating system.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- In the window that opens, select “Settings” and then the item “History and Privacy”.
- After that click on the “Clear search history” option.
- At the end, you should confirm your choice by pressing the “Clear search history” button again.
How to delete YouTube browsing and search history in your browser
Even if you are using YouTube on your internet browser, you can easily delete your search history. The process is also independent of the browser version you are using.
- First, click on the three stripes in the upper left corner and select “History”.
- On the right side, put a full stop in front of the “Search History” line. The item “Clear search history” is activated. Click on it to remove all your YouTube searches.
- Now put a full stop in front of the item “Browsing history” and also delete it using the activated button “Clear browsing history”.