GSA File Rescue enables you to gain access to data from unreadable CDs, DVDs, and other media types.
Data storage on media like floppy disks or CDs can become degraded over time sooner or later you may have issues accessing that stored data. GSA File Rescue is designed as a remedy for just such situations.
Some apps prevent you from opening a damaged file even if just a single bit is unreadable. GSA File Rescue will attempt to rescue as much of the file as possible rather than losing everything and then permit you to save it to a location of your choosing. It allows batch mode operation which will come in handy for those that need to save numerous CDs or DVDs before they become fully unreadable.
GSA File Rescue allows you to choose the source drive and destination – the program will continue copying until you stop inserting new media into the drive. No need to continuously keep clicking as the CD/DVD drive door will automatically open to notify you that it is ready for the next media – insert it, and the job continues.
GSA File Rescue Features:
- Rescue data from CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD+/-R/W, BluRay, Floppys, Iomega Zip, Jaz, MO, Flash Drives, SD, CF, xD, SmartMedia card, MemoryStick, USB Drives and many others
- Batch mode no click required: insert media – rescue data – change media upon prompt
- Configurable recovery speeds
- Ability to rename good/bad files
- Creates a log file with details on data rescue progress
- Filter to skip or explicitly rescue certain file types (e.g. skip *.tmp, *.bak or only recover *.jpg)