Author: Niko Rosvall
Date: 09/03/2018 11:02 AM
Size: 2.55 MB+
Requires: Win 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista
Downloads: 19916 times
Fort – Cryptography Extension is easy to use file encryption software (uses AES with 256bit keys) that integrates itself into the Windows file explorer allowing you to easily encrypt (and decrypt) files via the Explorer context menu and to protect them with a password.
All file types are supported. Fort can be also used to encrypt files in Onedrive, Dropbox and other similar services. Fort – Cryptography Extension is also useful on your laptop to protect your sensitive data from being viewed by criminals in the event that the laptop is stolen or via unauthorized access.
It is important to remember the passphrase you create within the Fort – Cryptography Extension – if not you will be locked out of your own files.
Fort – Cryptography Extension Features:
- Windows Explorer integration
- Open source, study the code
- Uses AES with 256bit keys
- Detects data tampering
- Very lightweight, does not slow down your machine
- Easy to use and easy to install.
- Optional file backup before encryption
- Encrypt and decrypt directories as well as individual files
- Protect against keyloggers, supports on screen keyboard
- Encrypt files in Onedrive, Dropbox and similar services
- No backdoors, no malware
- Fort has it’s own file associations, double click an encrypted file to decrypt it.