Author: Maurice Daly
Date: 02/22/2019 11:14 AM
Size: 2.72 MB
Requires: Win 10 / 8 / 7
Downloads: 15639 times
Driver Automation Tool can automate driver downloads and packaging for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
It is a Powershell script that generates a GUI to automate the processes of downloading, extracting and importing driver packages for Acer, Dell, Lenovo, HP and Microsoft systems.
If you were wondering, it is not intended for home use. It works best for anyone deploying computers and wants to have a driver and BIOS package ready to go on multiple systems.
You can download just drivers, BIOS or all for any operating system from Windows 7 to the latest Windows 10 update in 32-bit or 64-bit. Once you select a model, you can download or you can search or import your own computer and model. Other options include the location to save and automatically remove unused drivers and superseded drivers.
The tool automates the following processes;
- Queries XML content from Acer, Dell, Lenovo, HP and Microsoft
- Provides Driver Downloads for all three
- Provides BIOS downloads for Dell only (at present)
- Creates a PowerShell Script for the BIOS update
- Download Driver CAB for each model
- Extract the Driver CAB
- Import the drivers in the extracted CAB folder
- Create a Category based on the machine model
- Create a Driver Package based on the machine model and filename
- Imports the associated drivers into the newly created Driver Package
Driver Automation Tool is an invaluable time saver for anyone deploying a number of computers.
Version History for Driver Automation Tool:
Fix: Reset tool form issues resolved
Fix: Logging timezone issues resolved
Fix: Source package clean up issues resolved
Additional checking for MDT and ConfigMgr platforms
Removal of legacy code