Author: Svein Engelsgjerd
Date: 11/25/2011 04:00 PM
Size: 306 KB
Requires: Win 2000/03/08/XP/Vista/7
Downloads: 15829 times
DriveGLEAM is a small tool that shows read / write activity for your hard drives in the system notification area (tray). DriveGLEAM also supports output via parallel port so that you can for example have a red led for write and a green led for read access.
DriveGLEAM can also be handy for system administrators who remotely log in to another computers desktop. They can easily watch the system notification area (also known as system tray) for any activity on their harddrives.
Finally DriveGLEAM supports controlling a external LED panel via the PC’s parallel port. A function that especially case-modders would find interesting.
DriveGLEAM uses very few resources and does not unlike other similar tools use hooks or other “tricks” to get the job done. Also please note that even if DriveGLEAM is know to be quite robust and if DriveGLEAM would crash it’s designed to NOT cause any drives to freeze and cause corruption or loose data.
- Monitor physical disks or partitions (or both)
- Allows for CPU, RAM , VRAM usage display in tray.
- Read / Write / ReadWrite and Idle status indicators
- Indicators in tray or the parallel port, output directly to LED’s, Just place some LED’s on top of your monitor and enjoy real monitoring of read/write status realtime (no special hardware required)
- Keyboard scroll lock LED option.
- Uses very few resources (including cpu usage)
- Very stable.
- Does not “hook” into your system
- Standalone, does not require a install but uses inno setup for your convenience.
- Failure in DriveGLEAM can’t “freeze” your drives.
- Configurable start with os delay
- Configurable poll rate
- Does not install lots of files in your system.