Size: 16.1 MB
License: Open Source
Downloads: 47049 times
WordPress is web software you can use to create a website, blog, or app.
Hundreds of community volunteers built the core software. When you’re ready for more, thousands of plugins and themes are available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web they call “home.”
- Simplicity makes it possible for you to get online and get publishing quickly. Nothing should get in the way of you getting your website up and your content out there. WordPress is built to make that happen.Flexibility With WordPress
- You can create any website type you want: a personal blog or website, a photoblog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or news website, an online community, even a network of websites. You can make your website beautiful with themes and extend it with plugins. You can also build your very own application.Publish with Ease
- If you’ve ever created a document, you’re already a whizz at creating content with WordPress. You can create Posts and Pages, format them easily, insert media, and with the click of a button, your content is live and on the web.Publishing Tools
- WordPress makes it easy for you to manage your content. Create drafts, schedule publication, and look at your post revisions. Make your content public or private and secure posts and pages with a password.User Management
- Not everyone requires the same access to your website. Administrators manage the site, editors work with content, authors and contributors write that content, and subscribers have a profile that they can handle. This lets you have various contributors to your website and let others be part of your community.Media Management
- They say a picture says a thousand words, which is why you need to be able to quickly and easily upload images and media to WordPress. Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. Add alt text, captions, and titles, and insert images and galleries into your content. We’ve even added a few fun image editing tools.Full Standards Compliance
- Every piece of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. This means that your website will work in today’s browser while maintaining forward compatibility with the next generation of browsers. Your website is a beautiful thing, now and in the future.Easy Theme System
- WordPress comes bundled with two default themes, but if they aren’t for you, there’s a theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create a beautiful website. None of those to your taste? Upload your theme with the click of a button. It only takes a few seconds for you to give your website a complete makeover.