Author: Uwe Siber
Date: 06/21/2020 06:37 PM
Size: 1.0 MB
Downloads: 150811 times
USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM) is a Windows service that gives control over Window’s drive letter assignment for USB drives.
Running as service makes it independent of the logged-on user’s privileges, so there is no need to give the users the privilege to change drive letters.
It automatically solves conflicts between USB drives and network or subset drives of the currently logged-on user.
Furthermore, you can define new default letters for USB drives and much more.
USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM) can:
- check if the letter is used by a network share of the currently logged on user and assign the next letter that is available
- reserve letters, so they are not used for local drives
- assign a letter from a list of new default letters, also dependent on many different criteria as the active user, drive type, connection (USB, FireWire), USB port, volume label, size, and others
- assign letters for a specific USB drive by putting an INI file on the drive
- remove the drive letters of card readers until you insert a card
- show a balloon tip with the assigned drive letter(s)
define autorun events depending on many different criteria
- many other things, see help file, available online as HTML version too
Version 4 download is available should you have any issues using version 5.x.