Author: Sonic Visualiser
Size: 21.4 MB
Downloads: 10851 times
Sonic Visualiser is a multiplatform application for viewing and analyzing the contents of music audio files.
Sonic Visualiser aims to be the first program you reach for when you want to study a musical recording rather than simply listen to it. It gives you the ability to load audio files in WAV, Ogg, and MP3 formats, view their waveforms, and look at audio visualizations such as spectrogram views, with interactive adjustment of display parameters. You can also annotate audio data by adding labeled time points and defining segments, point values, and curves.
Sonic Visualiser Features:
- Overlay annotations on top of one another with aligned scales, and overlay annotations on top of waveform or spectrogram views.
- View the same data at multiple time resolutions simultaneously (for close-up and overview).
- Run feature-extraction plugins to calculate annotations automatically, using algorithms such as beat trackers, pitch detectors, and so on.
- Import annotation layers from various text file formats.
- Import note data from MIDI files, view it alongside other frequency scales and play it with the original audio.
- Playback the audio plus synthesized annotations, taking care to synchronize playback with the display.
- Select areas of interest, optionally snapping to nearby feature locations, and audition individual and comparative selections in seamless loops.
- Time-stretch playback, slowing right down or speeding up to a tiny fraction or huge multiple of the original speed while retaining a synchronized display.
- Export audio regions and annotation layers to external files.