Size: 31.2 MB
Downloads: 62915 times
Rainlendar Lite is a full-featured calendar tool that is quite simple to use and doesn’t take much space on your desktop.
The application is platform independent so that you can run it both on Windows and Linux. The appearance can be customized with skins, and you can even mix different skins.
It is possible to use Rainlendar Lite with other calendar applications too. It uses the standard iCalendar format to store its events and tasks so you can easily transfer them between applications.
You can also subscribe to online calendars and see your Outlook appointments directly in Rainlendar Lite.
Rainlendar Lite is a Unicode application that supports localization to use in your own language.
Rainlendar Lite Features:
- Can be run on both Windows and Linux. Both platforms use the same file formats, so all skins and scripts created for the Windows version will also work on Linux and vice versa.
- supports localization so you can have the user interface in your own language. Rainlendar is a Unicode application, so different character sets can be used at the same time.
- Rainlendar Lite uses standard iCalendar format for its events and tasks to maximize compatibility with other calendar applications. You can easily transfer the events from the calendar you are currently using to Rainlendar Lite.
- The appearance of the calendar can be changed with skins. The skins can be of any shape and size, and they can also contain buttons for additional functionality. It’s also possible to combine different skins by using, e.g., the calendar from one skin and event and a to-do list from another. The events can have a different appearance depending on their category.
- It is possible to have multiple months visible at the same time. The months can be laid out the way you want, and they can even have different sizes.
- You can have any number of calendars show at the same time. Different calendars can show, e.g., holidays, tv programs, personal events, or whatever you like.
Import & Export:
- Events and tasks can be transferred to and from other calendar applications. You can also import the data from the old version of Rainlendar Lite.
To do list:
- In addition to normal events, Rainlendar Lite includes a separate to-do list where you can store your ongoing tasks.
- Get notified in advance before the event is due so that you don’t forget any important events. The alarm works with tasks too.
- The events and tasks can be made to repeat automatically, so you don’t have to enter them multiple times. It’s also possible to have exceptions in case the event doesn’t happen on one particular day.
- Lua scripting language makes it possible to extend the functionality.
- Integrated backup and restore functionality makes it easy to make sure your events safe if something bad happens.
- You can print your events and tasks as a separate list or a month view.
- If you have many events and tasks, you can find the one you are looking for easily with the Manager dialog substring search.