Author: Rudolf Henning
Size: 7.27 MB
Downloads: 14105 times
QuickMon is a monitoring and alerting tool that allows you to monitor and alert on various resources and services both locally or remotely on 64-Bit operating systems.
QuickMon has many features including:
- Polls resources on predefined frequency
- Agents use a ‘plug-in’ architecture
- Agents are (XML) config driven – Each ‘agent’ can be customized on its own
- Collectors can service multiple collector agents – of different types
- Collector hosts returns one of three possible states: Good, Warning or error
- Several different notifier agent available for alerting
- Each notifier can be set up to fire on collector states – e.g. only errors/errors and warnings
- Groups of resources can be monitored (and alert on) as a unit – using Monitor packs
- Parent Collector host specifies if child collectors get run based on specified ‘Check behavior’.
- Collector hosts can run as a ‘different user’ (impersonation)
- Alerting can be customized in several ways – like suppression, delaying, repeating etc.
- Resources on remote machines can be monitored via remote host functionality if direct access is blocked (i.e., firewall)
- Collector agents can be set to operate only in specified ‘service windows’
- Collector agents can suppress/override polling frequency
- Corrective scripts can be executed if collector returns error/warning
- Monitor packs can be used in both a Windows client or a Windows Service