Size: 2.95 MB
License: Shareware $24.00+
Downloads: 28279 times
WirelessMon is a software tool that allows users to monitor the status of wireless WiFi adapter(s) and gather information about nearby wireless access points and hot spots in real-time.
WirelessMon can log the information it collects into a file while also providing comprehensive graphing of signal level and real-time IP and 802.11 WiFi statistics.
- Verify 802.11 network configuration is correct.
- Test WiFi hardware and device drivers are functioning correctly.
- Check signal levels from your local WiFi network and nearby networks.
- Help locate sources of interference to your network.
- WirelessMon supports the MetaGeek Wi-Spy (2.4i, 2.4x and DBx) useful for finding interference from non 802.11A/B/G/N devices transmitting on the same frequencies.
- Scan for hot spots in your local area (wardriving) .
- Create signal strength maps of an area (also known as heat maps).
- GPS support for logging and mapping signal strength.
- Mapping can be performed with or without a GPS unit.
- Correctly locate your wireless antenna (especially important for directional antennas).
- Verify the security settings for local access points.
- Measure network speed & throughput and view available data rates.
- Help check Wifi network coverage and range.
- A feature-rich, value-for-money alternative to NetStumbler.