Author: OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
Date: 11/01/2020 02:51 PM
Size: 4.42 MB
Downloads: 70594 times
OpenVPN is designed to be a full-featured SSL VPN solution that can accommodate a wide range of configurations. Pritunl available for profile management.
These include remote access, site-to-site VPNs, WiFi security, and enterprise-scale remote access solutions with load balancing.
OpenVPN implements OSI layer 2 or 3 secure network extension using the industry-standard SSL/TLS protocol, supports flexible client authentication methods based on certificates, smart cards, and/or 2-factor authentication, and allows users group-specific access control policies using firewall rules applied to the VPN virtual interface. This utility is not a web application proxy and does not operate through a web browser.
- Tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port
- Configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients
- Use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet
- Use any cipher, key size, or HMAC digest (for datagram integrity checking) supported by the OpenSSL library
- Choose between static-key based conventional encryption or certificate-based public-key encryption
- Use static, pre-shared keys or TLS-based dynamic key exchange
- Use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization
- Tunnel networks whose public endpoints are dynamic such as DHCP or dial-in clients
- Tunnel networks through connection-oriented stateful firewalls without having to use explicit firewall rules
- Tunnel networks over NAT
- Create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices
- Control OpenVPN using a GUI on Windows or Mac OS X.