Size: 18.4 MB
Downloads: 96572 times
The Intel Processor Identification Utility allows you to identify the brand, features, package, intended & actual frequencies of your Intel microprocessor.
Intel Processor Identification Utility Features:
- The Frequency Test section of the utility provides information regarding the selected processor’s operating status.
- The CPU Technologies section of the utility displays the Intel processor technologies and features present in the selected processor.
- The CPUID Data section of the utility identifies the system’s Intel processor(s).
- The Save feature enables the processor information to be saved into a text file.
- The Web Update feature enables updating the latest version of the Intel Processor Identification Utility.
- The Intel Processor Identification Utility is not intended to identify microprocessors manufactured by companies other than Intel.
The Frequency Test section of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility runs a frequency determination algorithm (speed test) to determine at what internal speed the processor is running. The utility then examines internal data in the processor and compares it, and the operating frequency is measured. The utility then informs the user of the overall system status as a result of this comparison.
The CPU Technologies section of the utility reads the processor’s internal registers to identify and display the Intel processor technologies that the processor supports.
The CPUID Data section of the utility identifies Intel® processors by reading a precise instruction embedded in the processor. The utility translates this instruction and uses it to display information about the processor.
The Save link generates a text log file containing all of the Intel Processor Identification Utility information. The utility asks for the filename and location in which to save the log file. Multiple writes to the same log file (e.g., in a multiprocessor system) are appended to that log file.
The Web Update link opens the default web browser on the system to the Intel Website containing the latest version of the Intel Processor Identification Utility.