Date: 12/01/2020 08:59 PM
Size: 21.1 MB
Downloads: 51522 times
I2P, the Invisible Internet Project, is meant to provide a free anonymity layer, so users can communicate anonymously using a range of applications.
Protect your communications from dragnet surveillance and monitoring by third parties.
I2P is an anonymous network, exposing a simple layer that applications can use to anonymously and securely send messages to each other. The network itself is strictly message based (a la IP), but there is a library available to allow reliable streaming communication on top of it (a la TCP). All communication is end-to-end encrypted (in total, there are four layers of encryption used when sending a message), and even the endpoints (“destinations”) are cryptographic identifiers (essentially a pair of public keys).
I2P Provides You With The Following Options:
- Email: Integrated webmail interface, a plugin for serverless email.
- Web browsing: Anonymous websites, gateways to and from the public Internet.
- Blogging and forums: Blogging and Syndie plugins.
- Website hosting: Integrated anonymous web server.
- Real-time chat: Instant messaging and IRC clients.
- File sharing: ED2K and Gnutella clients, integrated BitTorrent client.
- Decentralized file storage: Tahoe-LAFS distributed filesystem plugin.