Date: 05/09/2011 12:05 PM
Size: 349 KB
Downloads: 133825 times
HostsXpert is an ultra-groovy Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter. Below you’ll find a list of HostsXpert’s functions. Just a Simple word of caution – Hosts files are not to be taken lightly.
- Append File – Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
- Replace File – Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
- Merge File – Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
- Create Backup – Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever Hoster.exe resides on your Hard drive.
- Restore Backup – Restores the backup hosts file.
- Restore MS Hosts – Restores the hosts file to Microsoft’s original hosts file.
- Add to Hosts Files – Adds the line item into your hosts file.
- Delete Line – Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
Toggle Comment – Toggles whether or not a line is a comment (‘#’).
- Sort File – Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines.
- Swap Localhost – Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
- Remove Block Items – Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
- Copy to Clipboard – Copies the current hosts file to the clipboard.
- Make Hosts read-only/writable toggle.
- Search – Enter text to be searched for, click Previous or Next.
- Open in Memopad – Opens the Memopad built-in to Hoster.