Size: 864 KB
Downloads: 90818 times
Flagfox is a Firefox add-on that displays a flag icon indicating the current webserver’s physical location.
Knowing exactly where you happen to be connected to adds an extra layer of awareness and security while browsing. This information can be useful in indicating what native language is being used and which legal jurisdiction may apply. You obtain additional information via a multitude of external lookups, and you can add custom actions directly to the flag icon’s context menu or use keyboard shortcuts for quick access.
By merely clicking the flag icon, which will load the default action, the Geo tool will provide a detailed map that shows what city the server is located. Flagfox for Firefox also provides other useful information such as local time and ISP information.
- Site safety and malware checks
- Finding similar sites and reviews
- Automatic translation to your language
- SEO and web development research
- Diagnostics like pings and traceroutes
- Whois and DNS information
- Page code validation
- Quick URL shortening
- Copying a server’s IP address or other info,
or you can create your own custom actions!