Author: Francesco Capano
Date: 11/20/2020 11:16 AM
Size: Size Varies
License: Open Source
Downloads: 401 times
EditThisCookie for Chrome and Opera is a cookie management extension/add-on capable of adding, blocking, deleting, editing, searching, and protecting cookies.
This handy little extension/add-on was designed to help combat against one of the causes of a sluggish machine – accumulated cookies. Websites you visit set them with expiration dates that can be a long way off. So, as you browse, more and more cookies are set and stored. EditThisCookie can be set up to automatically shorten the expiration dates of cookies, improving your browser’s overall performance.
Below provides you with a few explanations of EditThisCookie usage.
Protect a Cookie
- To protect a cookie, you can click the button Set as Read-Only. Protecting a cookie means that the website that created the cookie will no longer be permitted to change its values. You can check and edit the protected cookies list by going into the extension’s options and clicking on Protected cookies.Block a Cookie
- Blocking cookies can be useful for many reasons, like protecting your privacy, changing your browser’s behavior when visiting certain websites, testing for web development, etc. To block a cookie, you can click the button Block Cookie. Afterward, you can choose which blocking parameters.Import/Export Cookies
- To import cookies, click on the button Import Cookies, paste the cookies to add in JSON format, and click on the button Submit Cookie Changes.EditThisCookie Features:
- Delete any cookie
- Edit any cookie
- Add a new cookie
- Search a cookie
- Protect a cookie (read-only)
- Block cookies (cookie filter)
- Export cookies in JSON, Netscape cookie file (perfect for wget and curl), Perl::LPW
- Import cookies in JSON
- Limit the maximum expiration date of any cookie