Author: Yury Malich
Size: 1.08 MB
Downloads: 13216 times
Duplicate & Same Files Searcher is a freeware app designed to quickly search out duplicate files and NTFS hard links as well as any symbolic links to the same file.
Duplicate & Same Files Searcher will search all duplicate file contents regardless of the file name (an accurate byte-to-byte comparison is used). It will then permit you to delete the found duplicate files or move them to another location and replace duplicates with NTFS hard links or symbolic links.
Duplicate & Same Files Searcher’s main difference compared to other similar applications, is its ability to operate NTFS-links. An NTFS hard link is the file system representation of a file by which more than one path can refer to a single file in the same volume. NTFS hard links allow several files to share the same space on the disk (the same file). For example, several applications can use NTFS-links to the same version of the library instead of using different copies of the library files. If several hard links point to the one file, the deleting of any hard links doesn’t cause the deletion of the file and freeing disk space until the last hard link to the file will be deleted.
Duplicate & Same Files Searcher Features:
- Fast search engine (byte-to-byte comparison and hard/symbolic link detection algorithm are used)
- Detailed visualisation of duplicate files, NTFS hard links, junction points and symbolic links
- Shows fragmentation of files
- Shows compressed NTFS files in color
- Manual and filtered selection files to delete, move or replace with NTFS hard links
- Allows to move and delete files
- Allows to replace files with NTFS hard links
- Allows to replace files with NTFS symbolic links
- Allows to compress files on NTFS volumes
- Allows selecting disks and folders to scan
- Supports long paths (path longer than 260 characters)
- Allows to save/load results
- Supports alternate NTFS-streams
- Supports for checking NTFS-permissions compatibility for the files being replaced by hard links
- Supports ignoring differences in MP3-files metadata (ID3-tags) and comparing the music MP3-content only (experimental)
- Author accepts Donations to support a further development.
The developer accepts donations at the home page.