Author: Piriform Ltd.
Date: 11/02/2020 05:50 PM
Size: 3.13 MB
Downloads: 5327 times
CCleaner Browser is a Chromium-based web browser with a focus on security and privacy. It features a special section to manage your online privacy, identity, and personal data.
Anyone who’s used a Chromium-based browser, like Google Chrome, will feel right at home with CCleaner Browser, so we won’t waste time explaining the Chromium browser.
The most significant difference is the Security & Privacy Center, which you can access by clicking on the familiar CCleaner icon in the top-right corner.
Security & Privacy Center:
- AntiFingerprinting – Disguise your browser fingerprint to limit online tracking.
- Adblock – Block ads for privacy and faster browsing.
- Anti-Phishing – Block dangerous websites and downloads.
- Anti-Tracking – Block intrusive web trackers.
- Stealth Mode – Browse privately and leave no tracks.
- HTTPS Encryption – Use HTTPS connections for increased security.
- Password Manager – Log into websites with just one click with Dashlane or LastPass.
- Extension Guard – Block untrusted browser extensions from installing.
- Privacy Cleaner – Clean your browsing history.
- Flash BLocker – Block Flash content for fast browsing and security.
- Webcam Guard – Control which websites can access your webcam.
You can spend a few minutes in the Security & Privacy Center section deciding if you want to use a feature. Each category has detailed information for those who aren’t sure what something is – HTTPS encryption, for example.
As soon as CCleaner Browser was released, we were asked our opinion. CCleaner Browser takes the Chromium source code and builds a layer of privacy and security. We weren’t expecting much, but we like what we saw. If you’re a Google Chrome user, we think you will too.