Author: Olivier Sessink
Date: 11/08/2020 05:05 PM
Size: 4.37 MB
Downloads: 1397 times
Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and web developers, with many options to write websites, scripts, and programming code.
- Lightweight – Bluefish tries to be lean and clean, as far as possible, given it is a GUI editor.
- Fast – Bluefish starts really quickly (even on a netbook) and loads hundreds of files within seconds.
- Multiple document interface easily opens 500+ documents (tested >10000 documents simultaneously)
- Project support enables you to work efficiently on multiple projects and automatically restores settings for each project.
- Multi-threaded support for remote files using gvfs, supporting FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and more1
- Potent search and replace, with support for Perl Compatible regular expressions, sub-pattern replacing, and search and replace in files on disk.
- Open files recursively based on filename patterns and content patterns
- Snippets sidebar – specify custom dialogs, search and replace patterns or insert patterns and bind them to a shortcut key combination of your liking to speed up your development process
- Integrate external programs such as make, lint, weblint, xmllint, tidy, javac, or your program or script to handle advanced text processing or error detection
- Integrate external filters of your liking, pipe your document (or just the current selected text) through sort, sed, awk or any custom script
- Unlimited undo/redo functionality
- In-line spell checker which is programing language aware (spell check comments and strings, but not code), requires libenchant during compilation2
- Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown
- Character map of all Unicode characters (requires libgucharmap during compilation)3
- Site upload / download1
- Full-screen editing