Author: Karl D.D.Willis & Jacob Hina
Date: 06/11/2020 07:05 PM
Size: 4.26 MB
Downloads: 206 times
Alchemy is a multi-platform drawing utility intended for creating initial stage sketch and drawings, enabling you to expand your creativity.
Alchemy’s drawing canvas is intentionally presented with a reduced level of functionality. For instance, no undo, selecting, or editing. Alchemy’s interaction is designed to focus instead on the output of a significant number of good, bad, strange, and beautiful shapes to help your creative juices flow.
Alchemy consists of a growing number of modules that can be added or removed at will. Using a given module, you can do things like:
- Shout at the computer. Use your voice to control the width of a line or the form of a shape.
- Draw ‘blind’. Turn off the canvas display and explore what shapes emerge from the ‘darkness.’
- Create random shapes. Generate shapes that can be used as a starting point for characters, spaceships, or whatever shape you see in the ‘clouds.’
- Mirror draw. Draw mirrored symmetrical forms in realtime.
- Randomise. Mess up and distort shapes.Global features place the focus on the process of drawing, letting you do things like:
- Record a drawing’ session’. Automatically save the contents of the canvas to a page in a PDF file at set intervals.
- Auto-clear the canvas. Start drawing on a clean slate at set intervals. Force yourself to start over fresh.
- Switch the canvas. Automatically open your sketch in a more ‘conventional’ drawing application, either as a bitmap or vector file.
- Avoid distraction. Alchemy has a very minimal interface, just a simple toolbar that disappears magically, and a fullscreen mode to block everything else out.